Back on the road.....to Spain!


We are ON the road again!! My brother, David, and family are moving to Spain and will be "expats" for the very first time. David has already moved and is working at the Port of Algeciras in the south of Spain, located on the Bay of Gibraltar. They have located a home in Sotogrande, about 20 minutes away. My job is to be AUNT Janet for my youngest nieces, Sylvia (23 months old) and Savanna (5 months old) and to give mom, Loretta, a helping hand as she travels. Taking two babies on an international move is challenging and I am so lucky to be able to help out!! Mojo, their 115 pound lab, is also coming on the trip, so that gives an added dimension to our travels. Prayers for safety and sleep are MUCH appreciated!! :)
Our route will leave Houston and fly direct to Paris. (10 hours) We have a 5 hour layover in Paris in order to give the dog time to change planes/walk/feed, etc... Then we are off from Paris to Malaga, Spain (almost 3 hours). From Malaga, David will pick us up and carry the entire group, 115 kilometers (90 minutes) south to their new home.
Moving is tough - I have been there. Moving with babies and dogs can be a real job, but it brings such a sense of normalcy for the entire family to be together once again - even in a new land. While it is a major life change, I am so excited for them. This will be a great adventure which will give memories for a lifetime. How privileged that I am to be a part of it!! Thanks Loretta and David for including me!! I am so grateful!!
Hasta que lleguemos a EspaƱa.....
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Comments

Popular Posts