I'll take a Chapman

Meet my new favorite drink.....
This is a Chapman – a typical Nigerian cocktail, which has been said to have originated in Lagos at the Ikoyi Club. I actually had my first Chapman at the Ikoyi Club within the first few days of arrival. Now, it’s my standard fare, wherever we go. Not only is it pretty, it’s also non-alcoholic and very, very good.
Here's the recipe.
1.  Fill a glass halfway with ice cubes.
2.  Add 3-4 Tablespoons (or a few capfuls) of Grenadine or blackcurrant juice to get the pretty red color.  
3.  Add 1 Tablespoon of Swedish Bitters (Angostura Bitters will also work).   This is the secret ingredient.
4.  Pour in equal amounts of cold Fanta Orange Soda and cold Sprite. 
5.  Twist in a slice of lemon, lime and orange. 
6.  Garnish with a cucumber slice and a bend-y straw.
7.  Sip slowly and smile as your taste-buds jump in happiness! 
Very citrusy, very refreshing and very Naiji! 
Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts